Monday, 26 May 2014

See how @ICanKidsBooks Inspires Kids to Dream Big!

 CAN: "to be able to, to make, or accomplish, to have the knowledge or skill, know how to" 

Can; a little three letter word that will play an important role in each of our lives, so the lessons that build the confidence to believe that you CAN make, accomplish, have the knowledge or skill, are lessons best taught early. Our friends at I Can! Kids have a BIG goal. They want to help kids to develop confidence, goal setting skills, and give them the tools to reach those goals. 

They want to inspire kids to Dream Big! 

To me, how you do that is by helping kids to define their strengths, dreams and goals, and then give them the tools to attain those goals by teaching them live skills. Kids need life skills that aren't just there when things are going well, but more importantly are there to help when things are challenging. It is when the going gets tough, that we draw on our inner strength and confidence to see us through the challenging task or situation.

We cannot possibly be with our kids every minute of the day, or shelter and protect them from every negative, difficult, or hurtful experience, but what we can do is build their confidence and prepare them to deal with both the good times, and the tougher ones. 

We can help our children turn challenges into opportunities, and look at things, and themselves in a different way. We can teach them to "change the lens" so to speak. 
I Can! Kids Books has created three books you personalize, to help you help your child to do just that. 
I am proud to have the opportunity to support them in this effort, and share them with you.

I Can! Kids has generously offered 3 of my readers a chance try an I Can! Kids book for themselves. 


Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about I Can! Kids Books.
Note: I was given a book code free of charge for the purpose of this review. I have not been compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own, and reflect my experience with the product. 

14 comments :

  1. I'd go with "I can do anything". The little one is at that stage where girls can't do what boys do. We tell him that girls can do anything a boy can & vise versa. We'd definitely use this book as an opportunity to make that point as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go with work hard, play hard, dream big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose I can do anything. It is something I tell my son everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would pick my special talents

    ReplyDelete
  5. my son thinks these books are great

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would pick work hard play hard fream big

    ReplyDelete
  7. THese sound great! I can do anything sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing, kids should be making and achieving goals at a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would pick "I Can! Do Anything!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would pick the"I Can Do Anything" book. Great for self-esteem

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have boys that always say 'can't' too, this is a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is great! Little One is constantly saying "I can't __". I think most of the time she just wants me to do everything FOR her! lol :) I Can Do Anything would be great for building self-esteem!

    ReplyDelete