Friday, 16 May 2014

May 2-4 Weekend: BBQs, Garden Centres & Outdoor Living Celebrate with @eatwholly

Victoria Day long weekend, affectionately known to most as the May 2-4 weekend. It is a symbol of spring, the start date for garden planting, bike tuneups, and BBQ time. 

The warm sunny weather is perfect for outdoor living, and time with family and friends. Every garden centre is packed, and runs riot with flowers in every imaginable shape and colour. It's a Canadian tradition, eh. 

The one thing that doesn't change for me, regardless of the season, is a need to find products and recipes that help to get nutritious delicious meals to the table quickly. I don't ever want to sacrifice taste or quality for convenience. I want it all! So you can imagine how happy I am when I find foods, and products that do just that: offer quality, taste, and convenience. I think Wholly Guacamole in the snack pack size is perfect for my family. It comes with 3 small individual packs of guacamole. In general I like to buy bigger sizes, to avoid of over-packaging, but my family can't use a large container of guacamole, and I hate wasting food. 


I am a big fan of the almost made from scratch: a combination of made from scratch and store bought. 

Here is my "almost from scratch" menu using snack packs for the May 2-4 weekend. 

  • Serve up nacho chips & three layered dip to your guests while you BBQ the burgers. Layer Wholly Guacamole, Salsa and Sour Cream, then top with shredded marble cheese.
  • Homemade burger patties with Wholly Guacamole Salsa added into the mix gives your burgers a Tex Mex flavour. Topped with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, fried onions, and Wholly Guacamole.
  • Mix leftover rice with Wholly Guacamole Salsa and heat for an  easy side dish. 
  • Finish the meal with a taco salad. Add shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, fried onions, and shredded marble cheese. Top with crumbled nacho chips, guacamole, and a dressing made of salsa and sour cream. 

Easy, delicious, and a perfect for a backyard BBQ on a long weekend.

What are your favourite ways to use Wholly Guacamole? 
Enter to win 3 Wholly Guacamole FPC and create your favourite almost scratch meal!
a Rafflecopter giveaway


Check out the Wholly Guacamole site to for more product information, and eat wholly.  

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about guacamole.

Note: I was not compensated for this post. A friend and fellow blogger was nice enough to give me 5 FPC to try Wholly Guacamole products. I have chosen use 3 for this giveaway. 

38 comments :

  1. I didn't know that it was called that. I thought I was going to see the Spanish word for avocado. Does anyone know that that is off the top of their head?

    We'll be eating Wholly Salsa and Guacamole this holiday too. With a bunch of people coming over, I'm so excited to spend less time in the kitchen and more time visiting.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. its known as alligator pear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AKA the Alligator Pear

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's AKA the Alligator pear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alligator pear - i wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avocados are also known as Alligator Pears (cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Alligator Pear (because of its rough skin and colour) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The alligator pear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alligator pear!

    Lori R Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  10. Avocado is also know as Alligator Pear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alligator Pear is its AKA.....interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alligator pear - who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard that before. (The Alligator pear)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is known as Alligator pear.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Avocados are also known as Alligator Pears

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's also named as Alligator Pears. I've never heard of that name before, but I guess it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Learn something new every day…alligator pear

    ReplyDelete
  18. The avocado is also know as the Alligator Pear

    ReplyDelete
  19. alligator pear
    jan

    ReplyDelete