Monday 18 November 2013

React Mobile: A Proactive APProach To Your Personal Safety! - Free iPhone or Android App

Nobody wants to feel scared, especially in their own home. Robb Monkman, the founder of REACT Mobile, was held at gunpoint during a home invasion while he was in college, and he “REACT”ed by creating a “tool that could be used to silently and discreetly alert a wide network, including authorities, of an emergency and its location”.

The REACT Mobile app allows you to take a proactive approach to your family's personal safety. There are so many perfect “app”lications or should I say App-locations this easy to use, free app would truly not only make you feel safer but actually be safer. You are in control of who your emergency contacts are, and how they will be notified in the case of an emergency. It could be by email, Twitter or Facebook. 


The "Follow Me" feature allows the contacts you select to track your location in real-time. 
The "I'm Safe" button allows you to let your contacts know you have arrived safely at your destination. It is also a perfect way for your kids to let you know they have arrived safely.
 By pressing the "SOS Shield" you “send out a panic alert containing a link to your GPS location” to your emergency contacts. 
By activating the SOS panic alert “you’re automatically prompted to dial 911”. 
In an emergency no one wants to be fumbling with numbers or buttons on their cell phone.

When my children were young, my husband travelled for work and I would have loved the security this app would have given me in the event of a home invasion, or an emergency. I regularly drive by myself, or with the kids to visit family that live out of town. In the event of a breakdown, getting lost, or an emergency the React Mobile app “Follow Me” feature would allow my family at home and at my destination to know I am safe. 

The React Mobile app is perfect for Joggers and Walkers as well. I love to go for walks in the beautiful parks and wooded areas that surround my neighbourhood, but I am always uncomfortable being on my own, and often encounter no one on these walks. I don’t like to walk the same route for safety reasons, but it also means no one knows the route I have taken. With the React Mobile “Follow Me” feature my loved ones would know exactly where I am. Not only would this be great for me but, now that my kids are older, they come and go much more independently. They take the bus or ride their bikes to activities, or to see friends. I can’t remember the number of times I have told them they must keep me informed of where they are, and the number of times they forget to call and let me know their plans have changed and they are actually somewhere completely different. Should there be an emergency I would have no idea where to start to look for them. Plus, let’s face it I could do without spending Friday and Saturdays nights worrying. The “Follow Me” feature would go a long way to help to eliminate that worry.

Isn't it time you took a proactive APProach to your personal safety and checked out:



For more information about React Mobile and their free app visit ReactMobile.com
Be sure to follow React Mobile on Twitter and Facebook for all their updates and news!

You can download the React Mobile free app for iPhones from iTunes iPhone download
or for select Android phones from Google Play Android phone download


I am Cathy thinking out loud about React Mobile and Personal Safety.


DISCLOSURE: I was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.


2 comments :

  1. Love the term "app-location". You need to copyright it. I have the app installed and use it when travelling with my two young kids. Great post.

    Besos, Sarah
    Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and taking the time to comment Sarah. It is a great app especially when travelling.

      Delete