Thursday 25 February 2016

Things To Do in St Pete-Clearwater #Florida #SpringBreak #travel @vspc

Fun Things to Do In and Around St. Peterburg and Clearwater Florida 

For years I have been going to Clearwater at Spring Break. From beaches to Blue Jays the Communities of St Pete-Clearwater Area each have their own unique attractions and things for a family to see and do.


Beaches: 

There are lots of beach options in the St. Pete - Clearwater area. Below are a few of my favourites.


  • Clearwater Beach: Voted #1 on TripAdvisors 2015 list of Top 25 US Beaches. It has lots of white sand, activities and sunshine. Sunset Fun at Pier 60 Clearwater Beach is filled with fun. Buskers and performance artists entertain the crowds, and along the pier merchants sell handcrafted items. 
  • Honeymoon Island State Park: This lovely and quiet undeveloped beach is a perfect location for a family day at the beach, and always a favourite for us when the kids were young.
  • Fort De Soto Park: "Fort De Soto park consists of 1.136 acres made up of five interconnected islands (keys). These keys are home to beach plants, mangroves, wetlands, palm hammocks, hardwoods, and scores of native plants." Although I have not been here myself I hear if is very nice. 
  • Indian Shores and Indian Rock Beach: I always associate this beach with lots of pelicans since the first time we visited we stayed at a hotel right on the beach beside the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary. At the time my kids were young and they loved seeing all the pelicans on our daily walks on the beach.

Things To Do:

There is no shortage of things to do for all ages and interests when visiting the St Pete Clearwater area. We always divide our time between eating, fishing, shopping, skateboarding and visiting book stores.







Some Favourite Family Friendly Eateries:
Some of our favourite restaurants chains to dine at are Panda Express, Chili's and Smokey Bones, but the ones below are particularly family friendly and fun for younger kids.
  • Chuckie Cheese: This was a must do for years when my kids were younger. My only real issue is having to share my game tokens with my kids. Kids are sooo demanding. Be sure to do some online searches for coupons for extra tokens, or specials and deals. Chuckie Cheese has locations on in Clearwater and in St Petersburg
  • CiCi's Pizza: This is one of our favourite budget friendly pizza places. 
  • Crabby Bills - Clearwater Beach: I don't think I have ever visited Clearwater without dinner at Crabby Bills after a day at the beach. 
  • Frenchy's Rockaway Grill: Known for the best Grouper Sandwich in the area! 

I hope I have given you some ideas to add to your St. Pete - Clearwater trip itinerary. 
Happy Travels!

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about visiting Florida.


Note: I was not compensated for this post. It's purpose was merely to share my experience and information with my readers. All opinions are my own.

1 comment :

  1. Debbie White Beattie24 May 2016 at 00:53

    It looks like you had plenty to do. The beach looks awesome and being in the warm weather makes me jealous !

    ReplyDelete