Friday 22 July 2016

From #CanadaDay to #Canada Days @Netflix_CA #streamteam

To me Canada Day marks the beginning of the summer.

By July 1st we have all recovered from the sleep deprivation and stress caused by end of school year assignments and exams, and are in our respective "Summer Happy Places".



I love everything about Canada Day: Canada Proud displays of red and white, Canadian flags in every size, hats and t-shirts embossed with Canadianisms, and the fireworks. This year the reality of Canada Day (like most of the summer so far) was a teensy bit different from the day I pictured in my mind. 

In my mind ...



In reality ...




I'm making no apology for extending the celebration ...
For entire month of July I'm celebrating Canada Days. So bring on the Poutine, Ketchup Chips and the Beavertails. I'll proudly wear a toque while out and aboot, or at Timmies ordering a double double. Thanks Thing 2 for the pic showing your Mother-financier-chauffeur all the fun she missed out on. 


Netflix's selection of shows set or filmed in Canada is definitely worth celebrating! 

Set in Canada:

  • Degrassi - Next Class
  • Heart Land
  • Being Erica
  • Murdock Mysteries
  • Strange Empire
  • Trailer Park Boys
  • mr. d
  • 19-2
  • Dragons' Den
  • Departures

Filmed in Canada:

  • Shadow Hunters
  • Schitts Creek
  • The 100
  • Dark Matter
  • Between
  • Hell on Wheels
  • Hemlock Grove
  • The X Files
  • Supernatural
  • Once Upon a Time

Also worth watching: Women Who Act


Happy Canada Days! 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about Canada Days.

Use the hashtag #Streamteam to follow all the adventures of the Netflix Streamteam, and follow Netflix on twitter and facebook for updates and info.
Note: As a member of the Netflix Streamteam I receive Netflix and a streaming device free of charge for the purposes of my reviews and posts. All opinions are my own.

1 comment :

  1. Trailer park boys.....been a while, might have to watch some of that tonight!

    ReplyDelete