Tuesday 3 November 2015

In-Flight Beverage Management #TravelHacks for #TravellingWithKids #Travel

Family travel can be the best of times and the worst of times. 

Often the difference is knowing a few life saving tips and tricks.


After twenty years travelling with my kids I've learned a thing or two, and this tip or travel hack has saved me from many in-flight breakdown due to "spillage".

Beverage Management Tip #1
KIDS NEED A CUP WITH A LID & STRAW PEOPLE!

Those silly plastic cups airlines use are spill hazards in the best of times, but on a plane, with those little trays that seatbelt restricted kids can't reach, they're almost guaranteed to become part of yours and your kid's fashion statement. You will be wearing the beverages they hold in no time. I can't understand why if restaurants and movie theatres have figured this out airlines have not. Don't throw away those plastic cups your kids get at restaurants or the movies. Those cups, lids and straws are your lifeline to a spill free flight. Pack them in your carry-on, then ask that your child's in-flight beverages be poured into this cup, lid it, straw it and relax!

Bonus! These cups are also great to use in rental cars, at the beach or theme park or as toothbrush holders and cups while at your destination. It's always nice to find ways to re-purpose and reuse something, and this will keep at least one cup the airline would have used out of a landfill site.

Beverage Management Tip # 2:
Since I hate babysitting my beverage a pop can lid is a must have in my opinion. Simply ask for the whole can of pop then snap the lid on. It safely sits on your tray table while you read, watch a movie or play a game on your phone. Plus this eliminates need for cup and only the can needs to be recycled.
I also pack my travel coffee mug with a spill proof lid in my carry-on for the same reason, and ask that my coffee be poured directly into my mug eliminating the disposable one altogether.


My final Beverage Management Tip:
Since you can't bring beverages past security and they're outrageously expensive to buy once you've clear security, pack an empty water bottle in your carry-on and single serve drink crystals. Fill your water bottle at the water fountain, add your crystals and you're all set. Not only do you have your water bottle to use on your whole trip it's the green and better choice for the environment.


Be sure to read my post on packing a carry-on bag for more tips and travel hacks. 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about travel hacks and beverage management solutions. 

Note: I was not compensated for this post. The purpose of this post is merely to share with my readers. All opinions are my own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment