Monday 2 May 2016

My #BuyProduct Recommendations: @MaybellineCAN #FitMeFoundation & #FitMeBlush

Buy-Products of Cathy Thinking Out Loud: 

My Recommendations on What Products to Buy. 



Growing up my Mom had a term: It is buy-like or look-like. Meaning is it nice enough to actually buy or just nice to look at. Deciding if a product is worth spending your hard earn cash on can be challenging, and I'd like to help by sharing my product experiences with you. 

Why it's a Buy-Product:



Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation is a buy-like buy-product in my opinion, and I would definitely recommend this product.



  • Good price point.
  • 11 shades making matching my pigment challenged skin colour easy.
  • Stick format makes it easy to take on the go and and store in a purse with less chance of breakage compared to compact, or to leak like a liquid.
  • Stick makes it easy to apply.
  • Light-weight and gives a nature look.
  • Good coverage to even out skin tone
  • Gel outer circle makes this foundation glide on smoothly and blend easily.
  • Powder core gives a shine-free matte finish.
  • Easily doubles as a concealer. 
  • Can be used with compact powder without looking heavy, or used on it's own you still get nice matte coverage and finish.
Note: I love a stick-style gel-powder matte foundation, or basically a hybrid of concealer and powder compact all rolled up into an easy to apply twist-up stick format. This is much harder to find than you'd think, so I was very excited to find this Maybelline's Fit Me foundation. 

Maybelline Fit Me Blush (under $8)
Maybelline's Fit Me Blush is a buy-like buy-product in my opinion, and with a price under $10 it's very good value. 


  • Good price point.
  • 7 colour shades.
  • Lightweight and applies and blends easily with a matte finish.
  • I found the "fade-free colour" claim to be true. 
  • This worked nicely with the Fit Me Foundation.
  • I was pleasantly surprised with the brush, which I thought I would hate. It worked well and stores with the blush making it easy to take in your purse and use when you're on the go.
Note: I personally would have loved if this also came in a stick format similar to the foundation. Not only does it make application easier, and less likely to break.

If you have feedback, or know a product you really like, please share. I always feel better shelling out my hard earned cash on a product if I know others have tried it, and were happy with their experience and purchase. 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about "buy-products" and products worth buying.

Note: I have not been compensated in any way for this post. The purpose of this post is merely to share with my readers my personal experience with these products. All opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment