Thursday 12 February 2015

#Roku3 x 2 from @StaplesCanada is a peace keeper in my house. #tech #teens #streamingmediaplayer

We haven't had cable in over a decade, but I do have two teen boys, so understandably Netflix is very popular in my house. What is not so popular is listening to them argue about what to watch or to listen to their programs echoing all over the house. My solution came in the way of their gifts this past Christmas. I gave them each a Roku 3 (available at Staples Canada). 


Here is why I opted to give them each their own:
  • You can plug your headphones into the remote of the Roku 3 and listen to program without disturbing others. In my opinion this alone is worth the price of the Roku 3.
  • Roku 3 is very portable and easy to move around from one TV or room to another.
  • It is very user friendly even for a tech challenged Mom.
  • The Roku 3 is very small and fits anywhere.
  • It has the Anger Birds game already installed, which is much better than the fallout of this Angry old bird after listening to the kids bicker over what to watch. 
  • Using the Roku 3 besides Netflix you can also stream You Tube, Crackle, Vimeo, to name a few.
  • At $100 the price point is not over the top.     












It's makes a perfect gift for teens or seniors. My snowbird parents recently signed up for Netflix and the Roku 3 ease of use and portability makes it perfect for them. It's a great treat to yourself for some peace and quiet, or if you're watching a show or movie late at night you can plug your headphones into the remote so you don't disturb others. Personally I've tried other streaming media devices but as a member of the tech challenged society I found the Roku 3 to be the easiest to use. 

You can find more information on the Roku 3 or other streaming devices at Staples Canada or follow Staples Canada on facebook or Staples Canada on twitter.

Yep. just me Cathy thinking out loud about Roku 3 x 2.

Note: I have not been compensated for this post. The purpose of this post is simply to share with my readers. All opinions are my own and based on my personal experience with the brand and product. 

No comments :

Post a Comment