Friday 22 May 2015

"You can choose your friends but you sho' can't choose your family" #streamteam @Netflix_CA

What a family looks like is not important, what matters is the relationships, and connections that tie those individuals together and make them a unit.

 In my experience family relationships are rarely perfect, and often messy. Those struggles and imperfections often make the family ties and bonds stronger. We fight, laugh, cry and laugh some more. Over the years my relationship with my family has changed and evolved into something stronger and better in my opinion. With age and life experience we soften and become more accepting of ourselves and others. And I can always depend on my siblings to join in full volume for a round of 
"We Are Family"!


Maybe that's why I enjoyed the new Netflix Original, Grace and Frankie so much. There is fighting, laughing, crying and more laughing between the characters. You see how them soften and become more accepting of themselves and others. The relationships are definitely messy and the bonds bend but don't break. Families like people come in all shapes and sizes. Two other shows with interesting family dynamics are: The Riches, and The Almighty Johnsons

Suggestions for the little ones: 


Suggestions for the Older Kids: 


Suggestions for Teens and Adults: 


Happy Streaming! 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about Netflix Streamteam.

Note: I receive Netflix and a streaming device free of charge for the purpose of my Netflix Streamteam reviews and posts. All opinions are my own.

4 comments :

  1. I'm sure I would love this show and you are right, no family that I know is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for family-friendly shows and these look like some great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Grace and Frankie - it truly is the new 'normal' and I am happy they are showing this on tv. Because families aren't perfect, they have the good, bad and the ugly times and it is important to know this is normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kung fu Panda! my children love this movie ;)

    ReplyDelete