Tuesday 11 October 2016

Family Movie Night & Older Kids - Adapting to the Now #streamteam @Netflix_CA

Carving out Family Time With My Young Adult Kids:



Life as a parent is ever evolving, and requires an ability to adapt to the realities of now while keeping an eye on the end goals. It use to be easy, but as my kids get older connecting as a family has become increasingly more challenging, yet more important than ever in my opinion. 


As teens and young adults I think my kids actually need more family time and opportunities to connect and have important conversations about life, school, relationships or just hang out with Mom and Dad. I believe this regular casual bonding time while growing up leads to connections and trust that will make even the hard conversations of the future possible. Having said that I'm really struggling this year to try to carve out some family and/or one on one time with my kids. My eldest is in college and my youngest is in residence at university with vastly different schedules, but I refuse to let go of at least the occasional family movie night (or afternoon). Nothing beats hearing my kids' spontaneous belly laugh while watching a comedy, or their audio effects made while watching an action flick. 

Streaming With Your Young Adults:

Shows:


  • Luke Cage
  • Spotless
  • Arrested Development 
Movies:


  • Ride Along
  • The Fundamentals of Caring
  • RED and RED 2
  • Jump Street 21 and Jump Street 22

Our family has a long tradition of Friday Family Movie Night that started when my kids were toddlers and continued until they were well into high school. So for those of you with younger kids here are some options to start or reboot your family movie night tradition. 

Streaming With Younger Kids:
Shows:


  • Kazoops
  • Kulipari: An Army of Frogs
  • Veggietales in the House

Movies:


  • Maleficent
  • Planes: Fire & Rescue
  • Zootopia
  • Tangled
  • The Princess and The Frog
  • Treasure Planet
  • Oceans
  • Cool Runnings
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Even though it may be a bit trickier to schedule, it's well worth the effort to grab some snackages and watch a movie with the kids regardless of how old they are. 

HAPPY STREAMING! 
Use the #StreamTeam hashtag to follow all the Netflix StreamTeam adventures, and Netflix on twitter and facebook for updates and info.

Note: As a Netflix StreamTeam member I receive special perks for my #streamteam participation posts and sharing. All opinions are my own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment