Wednesday 22 February 2017

Here Are Seven Fabulous #Ottawa Eateries #WhereToEat #Yum

Add these Delicious Ottawa Restaurants to Your Must Try List. 



*With the exception of The Lone Star seating is limited so reservations are highly recommended. Note: These Restaurants have been listed in alphabetical order and not necessarily by preference, because let's face it ... that would be just too hard to do!

Baan Thai 
(Ottawa, Centrepoint near Baseline Rd, open for lunch and dinner, closed Sunday)
Thai Cuisine 
Baan Thai is a lovely little restaurant tucked away in the Centrepointe area. In the many years I have been going here I have never had a meal I haven't thoroughly enjoyed with service to match. My favourite is the Lunch Special which is served on a lazy-susan! The contrast of the sweet and spicy in the mango salad is particularly delicious!

Coconut Lagoon 
(Ottawa, St. Laurent near St. Laurent Shopping Ctr, open for lunch and dinner)
South Indian Cuisine
Even before I arrived I suspected my meal would be stellar, and award winning Chef Joe Thottungal and the staff at Coconut Lagoon didn't disappoint. You can't miss the passion Chef Joe puts into preparing his delicious dishes while sharing the inspiration behind each recipe. From appetizer to dessert Coconut Lagoon serves up delicious Indian cuisine that is sure to impress. 


Jericho Lebanese Food 
(Ottawa, Bank St - The Glebe, 11:00 am - 10:00 pm, Sun 9:00 pm)
Mediterranean & Lebanese Cuisine 
I thoroughly enjoyed my Chicken Wrap House Special, and the several (okay many) bites from my friend's Falafel Plate that may have accidentally landed in my mouth when she wasn't looking ... oops ... accidents happen. The owner serves up some of the best Falafels in town. I found the owner-chef to be an engaging and wonderful host, and the decor and ceiling paintings unique and charming. 


Lone Star Texas Grill 
(Ottawa, Fisher & Baseline, 11:00 am - 11:00 or later most nights)
Serving up Tex-Mex fare 
Fajitas served family style. For years the Lone Star has been a family favourite for birthday celebrations. The ingredients are fresh and the staff friendly. Although there are several locations my favourite is still the original one located at Fisher & Baseline. 


Occo Kitchen 
(Orleans, Innes Rd, 11:00 am - 9:00 pm, Fri/Sat 11:00 pm)
Cuisine made from scratch using local quality ingredients
The menu at Occo Kitchen is an eclectic mix of casual dining options such as Fish Tacos, Burgers and Fish & Chips paired with sauces made in-house. The Fish & Chips I had were definitely delicious but the Fish Tacos looked amazing! It was a hard decision. The food presentation was beautiful and the service excellent and the decor stylish. 

Ox Head Restaurant 2 
(Kanata, Carling Ave & March Rd, open 10:00 am - 8:00 pm, Fri/Sat 9:00, closed Sundays)
Vietnamese Cuisine 
My go to meal choice at Ox Head is what I refer to as the bird's nest bowl aka as Stir Fried Egg Noodle with Chicken (Mi Xao Don Ga). Meals are served with green tea. The food tastes as good as it looks. You really can't go wrong with fresh ingredients and friendly service.


Taj Indian Cuisine 
(Ottawa, Carling Ave - near Bayshore Shopping Ctr, open for lunch and dinner)
North Indian Cuisine 
For almost 30 years Taj Indian Cuisine has been serving up delicious meals from recipes created by owner Indu Bakshi. I'm slowly working my way through the entire menu, having sampled to date Butter Chicken, Chicken Bhuna, Lamb Bhuna, Beef Curry, Tandoori Chicken, Vegetable Biryani,  Paneer Pakoras, and copious amounts of naan bread. When you enter a restaurant for your second visit and are greeted by the owner by name ... well in my opinion service doesn't get better than that. 


Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about where to get delicious eats in Ottawa.

Note: I was not compensated for this post. The purpose of this post is merely to share information I think is of interest or relevant to my readers.

1 comment :

  1. Love your photo collages! I'll add these to my itinerary when I visit Ottawa -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete