Monday 29 January 2018

Positive "Feeler Words" - #Confidence #WordOfTheWeek

Confidence 


There are certain words I call "feeler words" because they evoke a reaction from me. My feeler words may not be the same as yours, but we all have certain words that inspire, empower, give off a positive vibe, or even work like a personal call to action. In 2018 I'd like to share my list of 52 feeler words, how they make me feel and, why they made my list.

Confidence: "A conviction the outcome will be favourable" and "a belief in the certainty of something". 

Positive thinking, confidence and believing something not only can but will happen is powerful stuff. Adding the word "self" to confidence and believing in your ability to make something happen is all about that powerful stuff coming from within yourself and that my friends is empowering. 

Self-Confidence: "A belief in one's own abilities; self-assured." and "A positive belief that in the future one can generally accomplish what one wishes to do." 

"Confidence" ... just the word alone makes me want to stand a bit taller, and hold my head a bit higher. 
When I started my blog I literally had no clue what I was doing, and to a large extent that is still true. I'm not a writer by trade, so putting my work out there for all to see was a big deal. Yet I go forth writing and posting with the belief my efforts will have a favourable outcome, and that in the future I can accomplish what I wish to to do. I believe I can write, and by continuing to write my skills and ability to articulate what I want to say will improve. With each post I write I'm confident what I write about and how I write about it has value. 

When I feel confident ...
I hear my inner voice loudly and clearly say "Don't be distracted by all the buzz and noise around you, just focus on you and what it is you're trying to achieve. Followed by a "Girl you got this!" 

When I think about "confidence" I think commitment, big picture and the playing the long game. 
To have confidence you don't need to always be right, or the best, or never fail. It's about believing in yourself and your abilities when you are challenged, or struggling, overlooked, or undervalued. It's about believing in yourself while facing challenges and setbacks and that in the long-term your abilities and efforts will result in a favourable outcome. Confident people never strike me as getting that way overnight. Their confidence comes from experience, and the effort they put in developing their skills and abilities to achieve their goals, and a favourable outcome.

We can't control everything around us or even how people act towards us, but we can control how we react to situations, and people, and whether we frame it in a positive or negative way. How I frame experiences and situations impacts how I feel, what I do, and my confidence. It's easy to feel down and question your abilities when you only look at what you haven't done, or are afraid to do. Confidence comes from looking at the bigger picture that includes all the things you have learned and all progress and successes as well.   

Just in case you need a little help ... 
Below are links to a few posts with tips on boosting your self-confidence and staying positive.


And just in case you didn't know ... 
"You Got This!"

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about the word Confidence. 

No comments :

Post a Comment