Friday 10 June 2016

Tortoise vs Hare approach to @Netflix_CA Streaming #StreamTeam #NetflixBingeScale Savour or Devour

I have a split personality when it comes to my Netflix Spirit Animal

Sometimes I'm a Tortoise slowly savouring a show over time, other times I'm a Hare speeding through a show and devouring it in a single day. 


VS 






It's a complicated ...

For me the process of deciding which series fall into the tortoise vs the hare category is complicated and many factors come into play, such as the number of seasons a show has. Series like White Collar (6 seasons) or Drop Dead Diva (6 seasons) take time to watch. If the show has more than 2 seasons, then it becomes challenging to binge watch all the seasons at once without neglecting feeding my family or sleeping. For this reason they often fall into the combo category; binge 1 season at a time over a period of several days or even weeks. New seasons of shows I've been (not-so-patiently) waiting for like Grace and Frankie (Season 2) Daredevil (Season 2) and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (Season 2) immediately jump to the top of the devour list, and are given priority status on my binge scale. 

Sometimes it's "Me" time binge time ...
Whether I'm watching with someone or on my own impacts what and how I stream. If sub-titles are involved such as in the Korean TV Dramas, or Bollywood Movies I need to be well rested to keep up, and I know there is no way others in my family are going to watch these with me, so they are reserved for "Me" time. "Me" time binging may or may not require my "This is MY Netflix Shirt" depending on the duration of the individual "Me" time bingefest. 



One thing leads to another ...
It is not usual for me to watch one show that turns into the catalyst for an entire theme related bingefest, resulting in binging on a certain theme over time. It takes time to watch all the shows that follow a certain theme, yet easy to binge on individual shows that fall into a category or theme. For example: Spies & Special Agents, or Sci-Fi & Fantasy, or Detective, Mystery & Crime.

  • It might start by watching Covert Affairs, which leads to White Collar, which leads to Crossing Lines, which leads to Homeland.
OR
OR

I think you get the idea. 

Whether your Netflix spirit animal is a Tortoise, a Hare or a combination of the two (would that be a hartoise or tortare? Either way ... scary visual) you'll find plenty that's binge-worthy for your summer streaming. For news on new releases and recently added streaming options follow Netflix on twitter.
Below are some my Tortoise/Savour and Hare/Devour favourites I'm binging on now. 


Happy Streaming Netflix Binge Buddies! 

Yep, just me Cathy thinking out loud about the tortoise and the hare. 

Note: I was not compensated for this post, however as a Netflix Streamteam member I do receive Netflix and a streaming device free of charge for the purpose of my Netflix Streamteam posts and reviews. All opinions are my own. 
Netflix Binge Scale image courtesy of Netflix.
Tortoise and Hair images courtesy of Pixabay.

No comments :

Post a Comment